Bookkeeping at a nonprofit can be a difficult task. With so many unique tax and reporting requirements for your donors, accounting alone can sometimes be an obstacle to keeping your organization's core mission at the top of the agenda.
Luckily, QuickBooks offers a Nonprofit Edition that helps address these needs. What's more, QuickBooks Premier 2018 has added a few helpful improvements to make your accounting efforts run a bit more smoothly in general. After all, if you're already working on a tight budget, you can't afford to waste money on inefficient processes that slow you down.
A Valuable Accounting Solution
Of course, all the QuickBooks functionality with which you're already familiar hasn't gone anywhere. With QuickBooks Premier 2018, you can still
- Stay in sync with your bank. You can automatically download, categorize, and reconcile bank and credit card transactions.
- Get — and give — a clear picture of your organization's financial health.
- Stay on budget. You can easily create a Statement of Financial Position and dozens of other reports you can share with your board and your accountant.
- Acknowledge your donors' contributions with thank-you letters and year-end acknowledgments. You can see who your biggest donors are and track their contributions.
- Create an IRS Form 990 (or a Statement of Functional Expenses).
Software Updates with Efficiency in Mind
QuickBooks Premier 2018 has added lots of great improvements to make nonprofit accounting even easier.
- Get more financial insight into your nonprofit with new customizable inventory reports.
- Experience improved multitasking with the ability to open windows in several monitors.
- Save time (and maybe some money) with a new searchable Chart of Accounts.
- Enjoy the same payment function with the added benefit of a payroll tax reminder on your home screen.
- Better manage your nonprofit's performance in a given time period by running reports on either a cash or accrual basis.
A Powerful Tool for Your Nonprofit
Remember, QuickBooks allows you to integrate its software with your email client. You can also easily input data from Excel, Quicken, Office Accounting, and other installations of QuickBooks 2018, so you can swiftly execute any accounting task that comes your way.
Also, the Document Center makes it easy to attach and store receipts, estimates, and other documents to invoices and customer files. And don't forget that QuickBooks makes your invoices, billing, past transactions, and important tasks available in daily, weekly, and monthly views.
With great classic features and smart innovations, QuickBooks Premier 2018 just might be the solution your nonprofit needs this year.
Additional Nonprofit Accounting Resources