Grantseeking is a vital part of any nonprofit's operations. While organizations often generate revenue through other means, such as product sales or donations, grants will forever be a crucial way to increase your nonprofit's revenue.
It's no surprise that grantseeking remains a competitive and complex process. While there are myriad grants available, we've compiled grant directories and resources that allow you to tailor your search to your organization's needs. We hope you find the following useful, and please share this list with any nonprofits that could benefit from these opportunities!
- GrantStation: This online search tool provides resources for all your grantseeking needs, from finding grantmaking leads to submitting the proposal that will win you awards.
- Candid Foundation Directory: Candid's Foundation Directory is a subscription-based online database that provides access to over 140,000 foundation and corporate donors. Free access is available through Candid's Funding Information Network or your local library.
- Grant Gopher: Grant Gopher has a powerful grant research database. Tailor your search by searching by state, county, program, and keywords. Be sure to subscribe to their free weekly news for additional grant opportunities!
- Grants.gov: This resource posts federal funding opportunities for organizations supporting government programs and projects.
- GrantWatch: GrantWatch is a search engine that identifies grants for universities, hospitals, government agencies, schools, community-based organizations, faith-based organizations, research institutions, and even some small businesses and individuals.
- Grants Plus: Grants Plus is a grant search engine that helps nonprofits find funding opportunities during crises and emergencies.
- Instrumentl: Instrumentl is a unified platform made to accelerate grant success. This platform enables organizations to discover grants and funding, research funding, and create organized lists to track progress.
- GrantStation Insider: The GrantStation Insider newsletter comes out every Thursday. You'll get the latest information on grantmakers and upcoming deadlines categorized by national, regional, and federal funding opportunities.
- GrantStation International Insider: The GrantStation International Insider newsletter is filled with information on grantmakers and upcoming grant deadlines that will assist the serious international grantseeker.
- Grant News: In addition to the guidance Grant News provides, organizations looking for funding opportunities can sign up for their weekly grant newsletter.
Now more than ever, it is necessary to provide support and resources. TechSoup values nonprofit work and hopes that this list can encourage and uplift other nonprofits. As your organization looks for grants and support, consider TechSoup as a resource!
Top photo: Shutterstock