TechSoup Global Network partners in Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and the U.S. collaborated this summer and fall to produce the regional website TechSoup Americas. The new site features the depth and breadth of the TechSoup Global Network throughout the Caribbean, Central America, North America, and South America.
The site features impact stories from each local partner that showcase how each provides mission-critical resources to nonprofits throughout the region.
Throughout the Americas, the TechSoup Global Network reaches 52 countries to support more than 500,000 nonprofits with mission-critical resources for social change. The partners who lead the work on the ground and provide content for the site include ATN in Brazil, CDI Chile, Cemefi in Mexico, Centre for Social Innovation in Canada, Wingu in Argentina, and TechSoup.
TechSoupAmericas.org offers content in English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish. It shares the impact of the TechSoup Global Network across the Americas. The primary audience is new resource partners. The site seeks to reach those who can help network partners grow their reach so that they can individually and collectively achieve greater digital nonprofit transformation at scale for the good of the people they serve.
Highlights of the site include TechSoup Global Network partner contributions like these.
- CDI Chile offers DigiGirlz workshops with Microsoft to specifically support girls in middle school and high school in exploring computer science as a career path.
- MAKAIA works with Carcafe, a local coffee exporter, and Lavazza, an Italian coffee company, to support the coffee growers' community in Colombia with a sustainable, environmentally friendly coffee production system. A team of agricultural engineers advise the coffee growers on strategies to increase their productivity, maintain their quality standards, and implement sustainable practices through the use of ICT tools.
- ATN Brazil, Cemefi, and Centre for Social Innovation also provide local highlights and will continue to contribute content that showcases the breadth of their offerings and the potential for regional collaboration.
- Among other things, TechSoup, the founding member of the TechSoup Global Network, contributes its new guide The Resilient Organization, which offers best practices for preparing an organization's IT and data systems for most kinds of disasters, including natural disasters and cybersecurity breaches. It was created by TechSoup in partnership with the Center for Disaster Philanthropy.
This was an important season for amplifying the reach of the TechSoup Global Network in the Americas. In October, CDI Chile rebranded its DonaTec program to TechSoup Chile.
The partners will continue to provide new features and updates, so make a point to visit and share!
- Watch this video to learn more about the TechSoup Global Network.
- Check out this blog post featuring TechSoup's Commitment to the Organizations We Serve.
- See TechSoup's 2019 Year in Review.