Cisco Meraki is a Cisco-owned TechSoup partner providing cloud-managed networking and security products. Its industry-standard solutions are ideal for organizations looking to expand their network capabilities. Its switches and security appliances even made the list at TechSoup's top hardware offers for 2021 and were featured in our rundown of how to keep your nonprofit secure during the pandemic.
Until recently, Cisco Meraki equipment and licenses were only available at a discount through TechSoup's Cisco Meraki for Nonprofits discount program. But now both donated and discounted Meraki products are available.
Cisco Meraki Donations Are Here
Select Cisco Meraki products are now available for donation through the Cisco for Nonprofits program.
This means that certain Cisco Meraki products are available for donation to select nonprofit organizations after they pay TechSoup's administrative fee and meet the eligibility requirements below. Organizations seeking Cisco Meraki donations may not have requested products from the Cisco Meraki discount program for six months prior to the donation request.
Donations or Discounts?
Because of this new development, certain Cisco Meraki products may appear in our catalog both as a donation and at a discounted rate, perhaps contributing to some confusion. This simply means that the product is available as either a donation or at a discount, depending on your organization.
Which one you choose is entirely based upon your organization's eligibility. If your organization meets the requirements for the donation program, you should absolutely request the donated product! If your organization does not meet the eligibility requirements for donation, the discounted product is for you.
Below are the key differences between the donated Cisco Meraki products in the Cisco program and the discounted products in the Cisco Meraki program. How your organization matches with the following eligibility requirements will determine if you qualify for Cisco Meraki donations or discounts.
Who Is Eligible?
Eligibility varies between donated and discounted products.
Donated Cisco Meraki Products
Organizations are eligible if they meet the eligibility requirements and restrictions of the Cisco donation program. There is no limit on requests if the total administrative fees for all do not exceed $4,800 per fiscal year (July 1 to June 30).
What you need to know:
- Meraki products offered through the donation program are in limited quantities.
- Products are ready to ship within two to three weeks, unlike products in the discount program, which can take up to six months.
- Products include a five-year license.
- Products available:
- Organizations may not request donated Meraki or Cisco products within six months of placing a request through the Meraki discount program.
Discounted Cisco Meraki Products
The Cisco Meraki discount program is open to qualified nonprofit organizations with 501(c)(3) designation except for the following organization types:
- Educational institutions, including K-12 schools, colleges, universities, and trade schools
- Governmental organizations or agencies
- Non-501(c)(3) public libraries
What you need to know:
- Organizations may request any number of discounted Meraki products for a total of up to $110,000 in administrative fees through TechSoup per fiscal year (July 1 to June 30). They can place as many requests as needed each year.
- Organizations may not request Meraki discount products within six months of placing a request through the Cisco donation program.
Take the Next Step
Through our partnership with Cisco, TechSoup is now able to offer Cisco Meraki products to nonprofits either at a discount or as a donation. Leverage the power of cloud-managed networking to help your nonprofit make an even bigger impact.
If you feel that your organization could benefit from a Cisco Meraki product, please check out the Cisco Meraki offers in the TechSoup marketplace.
- Learn about Using the Cisco Meraki Dashboard at Your Nonprofit.
- Read How Cisco's Networking Services Help People with Disabilities Thrive.
- Enroll in TechSoup Courses' All Access Pass to Successful Tech Planning.
Top photo: Shutterstock